Re: how to get rid of pulseaudio gracefully

Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> writes:

> I use KDE (on Squeeze) and Pulse rarely uses more than 2% even when
> networked to multiple boxen.

Interesting, so likely local config problems.

> Not that I'd call 5-8% CPU "chugging" anyway (chugging means the CPU is
> at close to 100%).

I never heard that... In fact, I'd say it is more often a reference to
methodically emptying a beer glass... hehe.

Seems there would be many other adjectives to indicate running hard.

laboring, racing, straining etc etc.

To me, `chugging' is nearly the same as `running'.  You often hear of
an economy `chugging along'.  Certainly not meaning running wide open.

Or someone `chugging along' at the speed limit.

> Before raising a bug report it'd be an idea to see what's in use - the
> whiptail resource consumption indicate something might be horribly wrong.

And I've seen quite a few... but not energetic enough to try to get to
the bottom of it.  Thinking more of finally reinstalling, simplifying,
ditching my experiment with kde, installing only what I actually use
regularly.  And move to `stable', running flux box or similar.

Seems too complicated and labor intensive to go from where I'm at to
that without just reinstalling.