Re: Kernel Compiling from scratch

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:21:46 -0500 (EST), Syed Hasan Atizaz wrote:

> I am able to compile the kernel for i386, however no initial ram disk
> image is created, i did with the help of mkinitramfs though it was
> empty, still unable to boot.

Did you use the --initrd option when you invoked make-kpkg?
The initial ram disk image is not created until the kernel image
package is installed, but if you did not use the --initrd option
when you invoked make-kpkg then when you install the kernel image
package an initial ram disk image will not be created.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :