Re: Kernel Compiling from scratch

On 25/01/12 23:38, Stephen Powell wrote:
Did you use the --initrd option when you invoked make-kpkg?

I thought make-kpkg was deprecated years ago?

Last time I built a kernel I did via a git clone from the linux git repository. When I installed it, some magic somewhere automatically
ran mkinitramfs and I had a working functional initramfs.  It also
updated grub.

Note that I didn't use *any* special Debian build method, literally
just an upstream git clone and make, and despite this the initramfs
and bootloader bits were done correctly.

--
Jon Dowland