Re: No locks available.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:36:30 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Can you please tell where is located that "a.log" file and what
>>> software generates it?
>
>> The a.log is in the working directory. In other servers, it works fine.
>> so it only has problem on this server. gromacs.
>
> What's the working directory and what's the involved software?
>
> Your posts are too cryptic.

might be too straightforwards in the last post? the involved software
is gromacs.

It has no problem to restart the whole process again, but can't
resume. it can be resumed on other servers.
resume can save lots of time, but restart will do all those former things again.

(sorry about the cryptic suspicious, I am very lazy in talking
sometimes. not very talkative style person)

>>> Are all those "nones" right?
>
>> No idea. I contacted the system administrator days ago, He will consider
>> re-build it?!
>
> Rebuild what? The full system? >:-?
seems. it's a bit older. 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELlargesmp #1 SMP Tue Feb 27
09:59:08 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

so I wonder there might some ways to avoid it, something relevant to
"lock"? time schedule?

>>> Google suggests the problem can be related to the NFS mounted home but
>>> I have no direct experience with that kind of networking filesystem.
>>> Maybe you can start digging from that :-?
>>
>> I tried. some information get me lost so easily.
>
> If the "a.log" file is indeed located inside a NFS share I would start
> from there.

Thanks, will dig further.