Re: No locks available.

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:37:28 +0800, lina wrote:

> Few days ago I met below issue:
>
> Failed to lock: a.log. No locks available.
>
> the a.log is in present directory. I asked on other list which is the
> software related issue.
>
> was suggested to move the a.log to another directory and moved back to
> continue.
>
> but not work.

Can you please tell where is located that "a.log" file and what software
generates it?

> Can someone give me some suggestions about how to check.
>
> $ cd /var/lock
> $ ls
> dmraid  lvm  rpm  subsys  xemacs
> $ mount
> /dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw)
> none on /proc type proc (rw)
> none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
> none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

Are all those "nones" right?

> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
> honeydewlocal:/vol/hpc_vol/HomeHPC on /home type nfs (rw,rsize=32k,wsize=32k,intr,hard,tcp,addr=192.168.5.83)

No idea, sorry ;-(

Google suggests the problem can be related to the NFS mounted home but I
have no direct experience with that kind of networking filesystem. Maybe
you can start digging from that :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón