Re: No locks available.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:37:28 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> Few days ago I met below issue:
>>
>> Failed to lock: a.log. No locks available.
>>
>> the a.log is in present directory. I asked on other list which is the
>> software related issue.
>>
>> was suggested to move the a.log to another directory and moved back to
>> continue.
>>
>> but not work.
>
> Can you please tell where is located that "a.log" file and what software
> generates it?
The a.log is in the working directory.
In other servers, it works fine. so it only has problem on this server.
gromacs.

>> Can someone give me some suggestions about how to check.
>>
>> $ cd /var/lock
>> $ ls
>> dmraid  lvm  rpm  subsys  xemacs
>> $ mount
>> /dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw)
>> none on /proc type proc (rw)
>> none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
>> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
>> usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
>> none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
>
> Are all those "nones" right?
No idea. I contacted the system administrator days ago,
He will consider re-build it?!
but the next following days are weekend with public holiday. so gotta
wait for days.

>> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
>> honeydewlocal:/vol/hpc_vol/HomeHPC on /home type nfs (rw,rsize=32k,wsize=32k,intr,hard,tcp,addr=192.168.5.83)
>
> No idea, sorry ;-(

thanks for your reply.

> Google suggests the problem can be related to the NFS mounted home but I
> have no direct experience with that kind of networking filesystem. Maybe
> you can start digging from that :-?

I tried. some information get me lost so easily.

> Greetings,

Have a nice weekend, ^_^