Re: How to install Truecrypt on Debian squeeze?

On 21 January 2012 10:32, Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked at TrueCrypt years ago, and if I am honest, the Linux functionality
> seemed like a bolt-on kludge. It was designed and implemented for Windows,
> and Linux functionality was added as an afterthought. Maybe things have
> changed over the years, but I prefer a more native solution like
> LUKS/cryptsetup.

The majority of people who use Truecrypt aren't interested in
whole-disk encryption. Most likely they want to have an encrypted
"container" that they mount as a separate volume. It is my
understanding that the whole-disk encryption support is much better
under Windows.

I agree though, the Linux support isn't too snazzy and whole-disk
encryption is best left to LUKS etc.

Ashton