Re: issue with mdadm and mirroring drives

Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> Pretty sure at that stage it has loaded modules that let it interpret
> a selection of filesystem types, in order to fetch grub.cfg (and
> further

How does it decide which partition (on which disk) and what pathname
to use to find grub.cfg.  I assume one it chooses a partition it can
look at partitions, figure out what kind they are, and figure out how
to read them.

Also - if the chosen partition is raid1 does it "assemble" the array
or just use the chosen partition as if it where a degraded array.