Re: issue with mdadm and mirroring drives

This discussion opens a question I've been curious about.

IIUC, bios choses a boot device and runs the MBR code.  Assuming
that's GRUB2 MBR code, GRUB2 then loads the 1.5 code hidden before the
first partition of the same device.  Next step is to process grub.cfg.

Now, does that code contain a copy of grub.cfg?  Or
does it read it from someplace?  If the second, how does it decide
where/how to read grub.cfg.

I understand how, once it has grub.cfg, it decides what to boot.  It's
where grub.cfg comes from that I don't understand.