Re: issue with mdadm and mirroring drives

thanks for the reply -

1. my issue is that i am not getting to the grub menu on the good
disk, it always goes to the bad one.
I think it puts me in a intrdfsram prompt or something similar - even
if i change the bios settings.
- so editing the grub menu option - is unavailable for me.

2. regarding the procedure after grub - you wrote:

grub-install --recheck --no-floppy /dev/sda

repeat for "/dev/sdb", or use "hd0" and "hd1" which is grub traditional
notation for first and second drives.

my drives are /dev/sda and my boot partition is /dev/sda1

what do i type in that scenerio after i am able to create the mirror
back to the way it was.

thanks
mjh