Re: Debian-Stable and KDE crashes

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 09:26:55 +0200, Alexey Eromenko wrote:

> It turns out, that Debian-stable (6.0.3, both i386 and AMD64) has
> constant KDE crashes, by default.

KDE (the whole DE) or konqueror (the browser)?

If it crashes the whole desktop environment that's more serious, IMO.

> Due to bug in konqueror-nsplugins:
>
> What to do?

In the meantime... Disable Gnash? Updating gnash? Using Adobe flasplayer?
Using another browser?

> I would like to up priority to critical for this package, so that it
> either gets fixed or dropped from Debian. At least avoid installing it
> by default, in the next point release. Having default KDE crashing on
> users is 100% unacceptable.
>
> How to up the bug priority ?

Only devels or maintainers can do that (I mean, effectively altering the
priority of a bug).

User can, however, add a "me too" on that report so those in charge of
pulling an update can see there is many people affected by the problem.
The more people is affected, the higher chance to get an update that
corrects the issue.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón