Keyboard layout detection

Hi,

I installed Debian on my new Asus Eee PC and even though it works almost flawlessly, I am having trouble finding the correct keyboard layout. The obvious ones (Generic and Asus laptop) have some characters wrong.

I remember from some installation (either Debian or Ubuntu) being asked to type keys to have the installer detect my layout. I wonder, does anyone know the name of this program, and the package that provides it?

Best regards,
    Panayiotis