Re: Keyboard layout detection

On 11/01/2012 20:22, Panayiotis Karabassis wrote:
I remember from some installation (either Debian or Ubuntu) being asked to type keys to
have the installer detect my layout. I wonder, does anyone know the name of this program,
and the package that provides it?

I used this tool some years ago, I think it was part of Ubuntu installer for versions
ranging approximately between 6.06 and 8.04. I remember this tool didn't seem to be shipped with every installation CD or wasn't always the default.

I think it is there:

  http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/debian-installer/cdebconf-newt-detect-keys

It seems to be a plugin for debian-installer and therefore seems to not be usable outside
of the installer context.  I'm also interested in it, if you can run it stand alone, tell
us.

Nicolas