Re: Best remote control software

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 07:10:50 +1000, yudi wrote in message
<[🔎] CACo--mu=L_N=Q7YiSVkWuBEh-A1uKNA2pPme0PgrTOm93H2BAA@mail.gmail.com>:

> > Do you actually need the display from the laptop to be shown on the
> > desktop machine's monitors? If you just wanted to direct your
> > mouse/keyboard actions you could use Synergy provided you could
> > still see the display.
> >

> the main reason for this is to use the 24' desktop screen.

..use a vga, dvi, hdmi etc cable between the laptop and the
24-incher (not feet, right???), any modern OS will pop up an
offer to set it up with the 24-incher's native resolution.

..then again you have the sick machines needing a diagnosis
and a cure, in those cases I use Debian, not Wintendo. ;o)

..now, firing up FlightGear in a 24' screen dome, or dome
screen, would be crazy nice. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: