Re: OT: .ape decompression.

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 07:58:43PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day.
>

> Do You know how I can get exit status on mplayer2 operation:

Check the contents of the $? variable immediately after executing
mplayer2. The convention is that 0 means success and >0 means error.

According to mp_core.h
<http://git.mplayer2.org/mplayer2/tree/mp_core.h#n63>, 0 mean success, 1
means quit (probably that the user quit playing), 2 means EOF (end of
file, but probably unexpected) and 3 means error.

> Another question, I have mac command from monkeys-audio that can do the
> same, but how do I fetch tag info from the input file?

Try pacpl <http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=pacpl>. "pacpl
--to flac YourFile.ape", for example, should convert the file while
preserving the tagging information.

--
Darac Marjal