Re: mcedit copy to cooledit.clip

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:27:21 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:05:48 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:

When mc runs in forked shell, like script, the ctrl-ins keys in mcedit
to copy marked text to cooledit.clip doesn't work. Anybody knows why
not?
Could it be because of some sort of key binding problem within the
terminal?

I have tested mcedit (run inside "script" and also by direct call) on
wheezy from gnome-terminal and xterm and "ctrl+ins" seems to do nothing
but F3/F5 still does the mark/paste work :-?

Right. F3/F5 still select/copy within the file, but ctrl-ins does not
copy to cooledit.clip, it does nothing.

That's what I've been using since always, I didn't know about another key combos for copy/paste/delete until I read your message :-)

<snip>

Then you only copied/pasted within files? Because with ctrl-ins you can copy/paste between files because it copies to cooledit.clip.

And here's something funny: I just did a test install of the latest mc: 4.8.1 and ctrl-ins does not work with that either. I still am using mc 4.6.2 because I have difficulty with the colors of the later release.

Hugo