Package Cache

Hey list,

Is it possible to have aptitude cache, say, the last N versions of a
package? Every now and then I install a package of a nightly build from
someone's personal repository that turns out to be broken. I can't
revert back a version if that package isn't in the repository as well.

I tried emailing Aptitude's maintainer, but he doesn't seem to be responsive.

PS I am not a regular subscriber, so please remember to cc me.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred