where to get patched older kernel for example 2.6.39

Hello community:
I use debian squeeze running  2.6.38.8-4. usually I download kernel
source tree from kernel.org and strip stuff I don't need and compile
my own kernel. but there is a problem, I think the older kernel such
as 2.6.38 are not being patched on kernel.org. lets say there was a
bug fix on 3.0.0 on some old feature, this patch is likely not patched
to 2.6.38.

Could anyone advise where I can find such older but patched source
trees I can compile my self? I don't want go bleeding edge 3.**
kernels I just want a relatively old but patched kernel.

Thank you.
Jim.