Re: virtualbox just became slow (SOLVED)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:34:28 +0000 (UTC), I wrote:

>> Anytime I boot or there's a power outage, I have to go through this if
>> our home router (Netgear Wireless-N 150 router WNR1000 v2) hands over
>> a new IP.

On Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:20:33 +0000, Brad Rogers replied:

> I have a different model of router (still a Netgear, though) which
> allows the allocation of reserved IP addresses.  Look for something like
> "LAN IP Setup", in which it should be possible to add reserved
> addresses.  There you simply enter the MAC address and a device name then
> allocate the desired IP address.  This should avoid you having to juggle
> stuff after every power failure or reboot.

Thanks.  I just did this on the router under LAN Setup / Address Reservation.
Along the way I was reminded why it took me so long.  A member of this
household had changed the router password and then lost it.  If this group
has the ability to tell me where that scrap of paper is, I'd rather not know
about it.  So we looked harder and eventually found it ourselves, thus
avoiding the need to reset all router settings to defaults.

Thanks again.