Re: virtualbox just became slow (SOLVED)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:34:28 +0000 (UTC)
Steve Kleene <skdeb@syrano.acb.uc.edu> wrote:

Hello Steve,

> Anytime I boot or there's a power outage, I have to go through this if
> our home router (Netgear Wireless-N 150 router WNR1000 v2) hands over
> a new IP.

I have a different model of router (still a Netgear, though) which
allows the allocation of reserved IP addresses.  Look for something like
"LAN IP Setup", in which it should be possible to add reserved
addresses.  There you simply enter the MAC address and a device name then
allocate the desired IP address.  This should avoid you having to juggle
stuff after every power failure or reboot.

--
 Regards  _
Your life is like a schedule, you run to meet the bills