Re: sound not working on console only Wheezy laptop

Hello Keitho!
The Intel soundcards are known, to sometmes generate problems, because they're not all supported yet. This architecture - if I remember correctly - wraps up an assortment of chips. Were you able to get sound on your laptop under Linux before? Are you able to get sound from a GUI, if you use any? If a GUI is installed, maybe pulseAudio or ESD is active and blocks your ALSA devices.
  Could you do a ps -ax | less to see, if pulseaudio or esd is running?
  You might also go to
http://www.alsa-project.org
  and check for the support of your card.
The pcspk driver is - if I'm not mistaken - not really used for beeps. But I'm not on good terms with laptops. :-) Are you sure, that you unmuted the correct items in your alsamixer? I think you can get a complete list with amixer, that can easily be redirected into a file. But I don't have teh commandline present right now.
  Kind regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======