Re: How to "ifdown ..." on squeeze?

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:28:37 -0500, Tom H wrote:

(...)

> NM's only controversial because there are people who oppose change not
> matter why it might be. The NM developers haven't done themselves any
> favors by not providing server-type features like bonding...

(...)

Just a quick "okay, but...".

I have to fully agree with other user's opinions in this regard.

Is not that users are opposing to any change regardless the benefits it
can provide but NM has been -during many time (years?)- buggy and
experienced an erratic behaviour and networking is a key piece of every
desktop (no need to mention servers).

So when users are seeing that their network settings are not applied or
that they are deleted or overriden, or DHCP is not working well or... is
when they complain :-)

Today we can say we have a quite good NM service but we've been wandering
in a dark age not so long ago.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón