Re: X Window: Setting up mouse scroll for OOo Calc to one raw

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 15:53:08 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Sb, 31 dec 11, 13:07:10, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> I don't think it's "a number of lines" but "speed" issue.
>
> Look at the subject of this thread ;)

Errr, yes, but the subject is misleading.

We (users) understand things in a different way than computer programs
do. If we want the mouse wheel to scroll a number of lines (or a number
of rows, or a number of pages, or a number of...) we say so in a human
way: "Hey, I want to scroll down with the mouse wheel page by page
instead 3 lines, how can I do it?" but that stanza has to be translated
to make sense for Xorg and Xorg sees "speed" and not "lines".

Just different wording for naming the same thing. And while we are
discussing about "names", the problem still remains :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón