Re: X Window: Setting up mouse scroll for OOo Calc to one raw

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:05:53 +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> I'm running Debian GNU/Linux SID and my X Window uses Window Maker as a
> window manager.
>
> I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc very often and I want to setup mouse
> scroll in X so when I scroll with mice then in OOo Calc raws goes
> up/down only one raw and not three raws.

So what you are basically seeking is a way for setting the mouse scroll
to a different value other than three lines at a time, right?

I recall this could be set from KDE mouse configuration settings but this
was in the times of KDE3... now in GNOME I see no option under mouse
settings to configure this :-?

> My short search in Google gives to me no answers for this issue except
> one must setup mouse scroll somewhere in X configurations.
>
> For wheel button there is the option
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Mmm, AFAIK that's for mapping the wheel button to another one or another
axis (vertically/horizontally), not for controlling the number of the
lines to scroll up/down.

> in xorg.conf but this setup only the wheel button and not it's speed or
> what that is needed for for setup scrolling in Calc or in other
> applications. (Ah, my English! I hope that this explanation was clear..)

I'm not sure how to achieve this. There has to be an option for the
current mouse driver you are using (mouse, evdev...?) but e.g., "man
evdev" returns no option available to control this setting.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón