Re: where did gmplayer go?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:24:01 +0000 (UTC), I wrote:

>> I just let my Wheezy system upgrade mplayer, and now I can't get a skin for
>> the player.  ... Does anyone know why the skin option vanished?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 09:53:34 -0500, George S replied:

> On the dmo-discussion mailing list the new policy towards NOT guilding the
> GUI was discussed recently. ...
>>> We have a lot of fronted for various desktop (KDE or GNOME).
> So you might want to try specifically installing one of the frontends.

I don't run KDE or GNOME, just an X manager and a command line.  I'll have to
figure out whether smplayer or some other front end will work in this
situation.  I can also try mplayer from debian.org instead of from debian-
multimedia.  Anyway, thanks for explaining what has happened.

Someone might want to update the manual, which still lists gmplayer.