Re: Etron EJ168 USB3 controller: wheezy?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 04:20:57 +0100, Dexter Filmore wrote:

> Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3, H67 (B3) lists:
> 03:00.0 USB Controller: Device 1b6f:7023 (rev 01)
>
> Current 2.6.39 on wheezy:

"2.6.39"? Looks a bit outdated to me, it should be "3.1.x" :-?

> no go, attached devices are not recognized.
> Cannot find info if more recent kernel improve situation. Where can I
> read up if support has been incorporated?

What does dmesg say? ("dmesg | grep -i usb")

The kernel guys in charge of xhci module will be glad to hear from it, I
would ask them:

http://www.linux-usb.org/mailing.html

> Read on the interblag that a certain popular debian derivate
> incorporated a set of patches that provided support including surviving
> suspend/resume on a patched 2.6.38 so I guess it is possible but where
> would I find a complete changelog or similar?

I would first try to compile the latest kernel from upstream sources to
check if the card works from there.

Saludos,

--
Camaleón