Iceweasel really slow

I am finding that Iceweasel seems to be really slow at times loading a web site. Whilst it is being slow the user interface is locked solid. I am not talking the odd second - delays of 20/30 seconds are occuring.

I see it a lot whilst accessing Slashdot and thought originally that it was something to do with that site, but I just discovered it being particularly slow on my own personal web site - that is just a simple wordpress implementation.

I think its related to offsite links - it stopped on my site whilst pulling in paypal stuff, and often on other sites it appears to be related to the ad system.

I thought it might be my add ons - although they are the standard ones - but I disabled all of them and still its occuring.

Anyone else seeing this issue
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk