Re: Dell Latitude E6410 - Upgrading to Backports Kernel

On 28/12/11 02:45, Rob Owens wrote:
Try removing xorg.conf all together.  It should not be needed in most
cases.  The hardware will be (should be) auto-detected, which eliminates
the human error variable.

Tried that, no dice. That gives me a "No Screens Found" error, with X obviously refusing to start.

On the plus side, I did get the Backports kernel and the proprietary drivers running. Would still like to look at the Nouveau drivers though.

--
Ashton Fagg (ashton@fagg.id.au)
Web: http://www.fagg.id.au/~ashton/

Keep calm and call Batman.