Re: Fwd: Running kwrite with root privelige

On 12/27/2011 07:49 AM, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Bump this - Has anyone any suggestions, please?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Running kwrite with root privelige
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 13:46:29 +0000
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Having done a bare-metal squeeze (KDE) reinstall after a major disk
screw-up, things are just about working as they used to. One weird
thing, however, which I fine seriously annoying:

I can call sudo dolphin, which works as expected, and gives me root
privs. From this point, I used to be able to double-click on a text file
to open it with root privs. I can no longer do so; the error message
being "KDEInit could not launch '/usr/bin/kwrite'."
Couldn't you just use dolphin as root then just double click the file you want to open and if Kwrite is the default text editor should open just fine. Just worked for me but also sudo kwrite <file> works from command line for me as well.

I can call "sudo kwrite <file>"; thus have a work-round, but does anyone
know how to allow me to invoke it from dolphin?

Cheers, Tony
You could also use kdesu as well, I recently switched to using that overs sudo for those things.

man kdesu

Sorry if I miss understood what you were asking. Hope this helps some.