Re: Menu Editor for KDE Launchpad on siduction is missing

Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 27/12/11 00:48, Dr Sian Mountbatten wrote:
>> Scott Ferguson wrote:

>>> A. Ask the people who made your product (siduction.org is *not*
>>> debian.org) OR
>>> B. Right-click on the KMenu Icon (bottom-left of the pane) and see
if
>>> there's an entry there.
>>> C. type "kmenuedit" at a cli
>> Installed kmenuedit
>
> In Debian Sid kmenuedit is available as a package for Motorola CPU
> (Amiga et al).
>
> If Siduction was identical to Sid it *would* be Sid.... ;-p
>
>>  and the Edit Applications ... line appeared on the
>> klauncher. Edited the menu and saved, but when I actioned the menu,
my
>> new entry was not there. Still, progress of some kind.
>
> Not sure... logout and log back in (shouldn't be necessary).
> Check /var/log....
>
> Check that it isn't a hidden menu entry. eg.:-
> $ grep -i showhidden .kde/share/config/kmenueditrc
> ShowHidden=true
>
> Then look in kmenuedit and ensure the "Hidden entry" isn't ticked.
>
> Backup up ~/.config/menus
> then check entries beneath there - modify as necessary.
>
> It's possible you didn't fill out all the required fields... perhaps
> retry (if your menu entry has vanished from kmenueditor) by copying
an
> existing menu entry and editing, then saving.
Looked at the file in ~/.config/menus and the entry is there but it
does not appear in the menu when actuated.

Your comments are welcome.
--
Dr Sian Mountbatten
siduction user