Re: Getting the microphone to work on Creative Audigy

Dr Sian Mountbatten wrote:
Hi!

I have installed siduction onto my desktop as well as installing at long last my new Creative Audigy sound card. I have the KDE desktop and my kernel is 3.1-6.towo.2-siduction-686.

I am having trouble getting the microphone to work. It is plugged into the blue socket on the sound card which the manual says is for Line In or microphone. arecord does not produce any sound with the command
    arecord -Ddefault:CA0106 -d10 test.wav
the command
    aplay -Ddefault:CA0106 test.wav
certainly produces a background hiss, but no actual input.

I have a:

00:07.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP72XE/MCP72P/MCP78U/MCP78S High Definition Audio (rev a1)

builtin in the M4N98TD EVO mobo.

I just went through this exercise of getting the mic to work and I found that in alsamixer F4 'capture' has to be turned up, specifically,

Rear Mic	 81
Rear Mic Boost	 53
Capture	 81
Capture 1	 81