Re: Re: No sound on AC'97 Audio Controller

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 11:09:01 +0100, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> I'm not willing to read it, until you exactly describe your troubles.
No sound comes from the speakers on the laptop. For some reason I do
hear sound though the headphone jack, but not though the speakers.

The volume is not muted (I've made sure with alsamixer), and I know
the speakers work.

I get this problem with anything, from aplay to YouTube videos, no
sound comes from the laptop speakers.

I thought the alsa-info was the best way to show what I was working
with and to help give as much info as needed, but here are a few of
the ALSA versions:

Driver version:     1.0.24
Library version:    1.0.23
Utilities version:  1.0.23

> E.g. What sound server are you using? What are your needs?

I believe I'm using PulseAudio, 0.9.21-3+squeeze1. I'm just trying to
get sound to play though my speakers on my laptop.

> Merry Christmas,

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Best regards
  Kyle Schwaz