Re: Everything seems to cause a reboot

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:01:45 +1100, goossens wrote:

> I have a i7 quad core 2600K, running current squeeze 6.0.3 with default
> Gnome installation.
>
> 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel, 8 GB ram.
>
> When I try to shutdown, reboot, logout, switch user or Ctrl-Alt-Fn to
> switch tty the machine does a hard reset and reboots.
>
> It does not do this if I use  sysv-rc-conf to turn off gdm, so that it
> boots into a CLI instead of GUI.

(...)

To me looks like a problem with ACPI... how about booting the system by
appending to the kernel line "acpi=off"? This will completely disable
ACPI subsystem which is not good for your computer's health but maybe we
can have a clue here.

In addition, is this problem happening after a fresh installation or just
came after a system or hardwrae update?

I would also test with a LiveCD (either from Debian or another
distribution) to see if it behaves the same.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón