Re: Which way to program this?

Mark Neidorff wrote:
I am considering writing a "visual department scheduler" for schools. The concept is similar to an appointment calendar, but I'd like to include drag 'n drop functionality. A supervisor is provided with teaching session objects that meet in fixed time periods (call them 1-12). The supervisor drags and drops them onto the individual teacher's schedule. This application should be cross platform, able to run in windows, mac and linux. So, it seems easy to me to conceptualize this in a web browser, but what language/development envoronment would be appropriate for this project?

Any thoughts are welcome.

QT.
From package qt4-doc:

Qt is a cross-platform C++ application framework. Qt's primary feature is its rich set of widgets that provide standard GUI functionality.

Excellent documentation. Excellent examples.
I have used it for years.

Hugo