Re: RAID 1 - software or hardware.

>  You would need
> a second compatible hardware raid controller to use in order to
> extract the data from the drives.  The hardware raid controllers I
> have used have not allowed me to access the data without a compatible
> raid controller.

If it's in RAID 1, I was under the impression that I would be able to
mount that disk on another system and be able to access my data. I
came to this conclusion because in RAID 1 each disk has the full
contents unlike in parity.

So what does the data look like when you mount it on another system?

--
Kind regards,
Yudi