Re: Force USB low speed on an specific port.

On 2011-12-18, Marc Aymerich <glicerinu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Today I've tried to connect my mouse through +10meters USB cable.
> Seems that it works pretty well despite of what the RFC says about
> maximum cable lenght :) the only problem I have is that ~5% of mouse
> clicks are lost. I want to try putting the bus speed to a lower rate.
> Is this posible ? for example, can I force a USB2.0 bus to work in
> USB1.0 mode or something like that?
>
> Thanks!

Mice don't do USB2.  They are Low Speed USB1 devices.  To see this, type
lsusb to get the bus and device numbers of the mouse and then lsusb -t
which should show something like:
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
showing that it is running at 1.5 Mbits/sec

You could try two 5 meter cables separated by a hub.