Re: Force USB low speed on an specific port.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Alan Greenberger <alanjg@ptd.net> wrote:
> On 2011-12-18, Marc Aymerich <glicerinu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Today I've tried to connect my mouse through +10meters USB cable.
>> Seems that it works pretty well despite of what the RFC says about
>> maximum cable lenght :) the only problem I have is that ~5% of mouse
>> clicks are lost. I want to try putting the bus speed to a lower rate.
>> Is this posible ? for example, can I force a USB2.0 bus to work in
>> USB1.0 mode or something like that?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Mice don't do USB2.  They are Low Speed USB1 devices.  To see this, type
> lsusb to get the bus and device numbers of the mouse and then lsusb -t
> which should show something like:
>    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
> showing that it is running at 1.5 Mbits/sec

Acctually i didn't mention that between the cable and the mouse there
is a usb2.0 hub (lcd monitor with usb)

/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci_hcd/8p, 480M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 9, If 0, Class=hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 10, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M

So the cable speed is 480M.

--
Marc