Re: Find which package has installed some file under /etc

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 01:02:22AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2011-12-18 13:18:02 -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > The namespace is defined by Debian Policy.  The filename should be
> > named after the package name.  Since the package names must be
> > different the file name derived from it must be different.  (I think
> > it is okay for /etc/default/foo to be part of a foo-common package
> > though.  The namespace intention has been preserved.)
>
> It's not always the case:

did you check "apt-cache showsrc ..."

> /etc/default/alsa created by alsa-base
Package: alsa-driver
Binary: linux-sound-base, alsa-base, alsa-base-udeb, alsa-source

Not exactly in any way now but close enough

> /etc/default/apache2 created by apache2.2-common
Package: apache2
Binary: apache2.2-common, apache2.2-bin, apache2-mpm-worker,
apache2-mpm-prefork, apache2-mpm-event, apache2-mpm-itk, apache2-utils,
apache2-suexec, apache2-suexec-custom, apache2, apache2-doc,
apache2-prefork-dev, apache2-threaded-dev, apache2-dbg

So this is following source package name

> /etc/default/bluetooth created by bluez
Package: bluez
Binary: libbluetooth3, libbluetooth3-dbg, libbluetooth-dev, bluetooth,
bluez, bluez-dbg, bluez-alsa, bluez-gstreamer, bluez-cups,
bluez-pcmcia-support, bluez-compat, bluez-utils, bluez-audio

So this is following a associated package name from the same source
package

> /etc/default/bootlogd created by initscripts

Package: sysvinit
Binary: sysvinit, sysvinit-utils, sysv-rc, initscripts
sysvinit-utils: /sbin/bootlogd
initscripts: /etc/default/bootlogd

and the rests are almost same situation.  Some are shorthand name ... others
are one of those associated package name.