Re: Unable to install or uninstall hptraidconf RAID command-line mgmt util for RocketRaid 622

Andrew Phillips wrote:
> Yes, absolutely. But in this case I need to recover some of the data
> managed by this rr220. It's a JBOD, so I'm curious if I'd have any
> luck having mdadm recreate the JBOD without data loss.

You may have to grab an empty scratch disk, unplug your jbod to keep
the data there safe and install the fresh scratch disk, install lenny
on it, install the HighPoint raid management software you need to talk
to the disks, then using that recover the data from the jbod, then
with data recovered evaluate where you want to go in the future,
probably by going with software raid.

Bob