Re: Unable to install or uninstall hptraidconf RAID command-line mgmt util for RocketRaid 622

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Those packages are targeted for lenny, are you running lenny?

 Actually, I'm using squeeze and feeling adventurous...

> Google returned a similar situation in this thread, not sure if it will
> help:

Thanks, this worked. A good introduction to advanced package troubleshooting. :)

> Anyway, have you considered in using linux raid (software raid "md")
> instead? The card seems (not sure about this, though) to use what is
> called a fakeraid chipset which is synonym of problems in the near
> future...

Yes, absolutely. But in this case I need to recover some of the data
managed by this rr220. It's a JBOD, so I'm curious if I'd have any
luck having mdadm recreate the JBOD without data loss.