Re: Unable to install or uninstall hptraidconf RAID command-line mgmt util for RocketRaid 622

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:41:53 -0500, Andrew Phillips wrote:

> I am trying to install the command-line RAID management utility
> available at HighPoint-Tech's website:
> http://highpoint-tech.com/BIOS_Driver/page/rr622_U.htm

Those packages are targeted for lenny, are you running lenny?

> I have installed the hptsvr utility, and I am trying to install the
> hptraidconf utility, but when I execute "dpkg -i hptraidconf" I get the
> following error messages:
>
> Selecting previously deselected package hptraidconf. (Reading database
> ... 103059 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to
> replace hptraidconf 3.5 (using hptraidconf_3.5_amd64.deb) ... dpkg
> (subprocess): unable to execute old pre-removal script
> (/var/lib/dpkg/info/hptraidconf.prerm): No such file or directory dpkg:
> warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
> dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ... dpkg (subprocess):
> unable to execute new pre-removal script (/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm):
> No such file or directory dpkg: error processing
> hptraidconf_3.5_amd64.deb

(...)

> I am still getting the errors about the files not existing when trying
> to install. Any ideas how to uninstall this as cleanly as possible?

Google returned a similar situation in this thread, not sure if it will
help:

Anyway, have you considered in using linux raid (software raid "md")
instead? The card seems (not sure about this, though) to use what is
called a fakeraid chipset which is synonym of problems in the near
future...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón