Re: something regarding printer/printing

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 13:56:08 +0800, lina wrote:

> sorry my mistakes,
>
> it has no problem in printing test page (I was glad so earlier, haha
> ...),

Does still printing the test page works? If yes, that's interesing.

> but when it's back to ordinary printing (File--print), it still has the
> same problem, unreadable enigmatic thing.

Then back to start and add a new printer from CUPS not from GNOME's
printer applet :-)

> when I tried,
>
> $ lp photo.JPG
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> /tmp/keyring-GPf5sF/pkcs11: No such file or directory request id is
> HP-LaserJet-P3005-174 (1 file(s))
>
> $ sudo lp ReadingNotes.odt
> [sudo] password for lina:
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: no socket to connect to request id is
> HP-LaserJet-P3005-175 (1 file(s))

I don't know what's the gnome-keyring relation with printing :-?

Hum, let's try something... can you print outside a GNOME session? That
is, stop gdm3 service, jump to tty1 and retry the printing command from
there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón