Re: something regarding printer/printing

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:47:48 +0800, lina wrote:

> I don't know how to check printer issue,
>
> Two things are known:
>
> 1] The printer worked fine
> 2] there is no problem in sending material to print

Are you in testing? If yes, maybe an update broke something within CUPS
filters/drivers or hplip :-?

> one problem:
>
> 1] The print out is weird, more like some code from aliens, or some
> ancient scripts.
> the mysterious "code" can be found from in below link:
> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B93SVRfpVVg3OGZmODc3MDctNWQ2OS00MmExLTg0MDQtOGNkZmRkM2FlY2U2
>
> Historically it worked fine, actually very well, might due to update
> something.
>
> The printer is Hp LaserJet P4015n, please kindly notice it's used to
> work fine, so no doubt I installed the right driver.
>
> Just don't know why?

The first I would try is adding two new printer instances from CUPS web
interface, that is, "http://localhost:631"; (forget hplip by now) and
select for the first instance a PS driver (ether one that matches the
HP model or a generic postscript driver) and for the second instance
select a PCL6 driver.

Then try to print from different sources using both printer instances to
see what happens. If all the prints fail with the same result, well, your
next step could be opening a bug report :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón