Re: Replacing bcmxx wifi cards with intel 2200 & 2915 in Lenny and Squeeze

Hi Mark,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 04:24:55PM -0800, Mark wrote:
> is it necessary to remove/purge the b43-fwcutter/b43 firmware in order to
> install ipw2x00, or is it ok to leave it installed should I need to return
> to those wifi cards at some point in the future?

Firmware installed by the firmware-b43-installer and firmware-ipw2x00
packages are placed in separate directories (/lib/firmware/b43 and
/lib/firmware respectively) and the relevant drivers request differently
named files.

As they do not conflict, both packages can be installed on the same system.

Geoff