Re: Replacing bcmxx wifi cards with intel 2200 & 2915 in Lenny and Squeeze

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 04:24:55PM -0800, Mark wrote:
> I will be replacing some dreaded broadcom wireless cards with intel 2200
> and/or 2915 wifi cards in both Lenny and Squeeze systems and was wondering
> is it necessary to remove/purge the b43-fwcutter/b43 firmware in order to
> install ipw2x00, or is it ok to leave it installed should I need to return
> to those wifi cards at some point in the future?

I think you can leave it installed.  I've used Debian Live on a USB
stick.  I had to install b43-fwcutter in order to use the wireless card
on some laptops.  I used the same USB on other laptops that had
non-Broadcom wireless cards, and they worked fine.

-Rob