Re: [SOLVED] Replacing bcmxx wifi cards with intel 2200 & 2915 in Lenny and Squeeze

>On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
>
>I think you can leave it installed.  I've used Debian Live on a USB
>stick.  I had to install b43-fwcutter in order to use the wireless card
>on some laptops.  I used the same USB on other laptops that had
>non-Broadcom wireless cards, and they worked fine.

Thank you, Rob, good to know.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Geoff Simmons <gsimmons@gsimmons.org> wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 04:24:55PM -0800, Mark wrote:
> is it necessary to remove/purge the b43-fwcutter/b43 firmware in order to
> install ipw2x00, or is it ok to leave it installed should I need to return
> to those wifi cards at some point in the future?

Firmware installed by the firmware-b43-installer and firmware-ipw2x00
packages are placed in separate directories (/lib/firmware/b43 and
/lib/firmware respectively) and the relevant drivers request differently
named files.

As they do not conflict, both packages can be installed on the same system.

Thank you Geoff.  Glad this was such an easy email to answer, and now I can go on replacing the wifi cards.

Mark