Re: New laptop with Linux preinstalled

Lisi wrote:
On Sunday 11 December 2011 13:06:45 Richard Owlett wrote:
Lisi wrote:
On Friday 09 December 2011 21:29:17 Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm looking for a laptop with Linux preinstalled by vendor.
I'm aware of System76 who ships with Ubuntu. Is there anyone
else? I would like to do some comparison shopping.

Thank you.

You don't say where.  That usually means in the USA.  Is that the case
here?

Lisi

Yes. More specifically in *RURAL* southwest Missouri. There
is no geographically local Linux support which is why I'm
leaning towards new rather than used and vendor installed.

Pity.  There is a super firm in the UK!

True. I've dealt with some. Unfortunately they weren't in business of selling Linux capable computers ;)

Rural is another of the words that has a different meaning in the two
languages.

I assume you're referencing comment attributed to Winston Churchill (and others) that we are two peoples separated by a common language. I'll have to ask a friend who grew up in London and has lived here for several what would be appropriate term in British English.

More seriously, what is the company you are referring to? If they have a product/service which justifies the hassle of an international transaction I might go that way.

We simply haven't got room to spread our population out much!

Lisi