Re: nvidia card fails to see internal screen

  Andrei Popescu writes
> On Du, 11 dec 11, 15:13:13, Thomas Krichel wrote:
> >
> > [    57.715] (--) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s) on GeForce Go 7300 at PCI:1:0:0
> > [    57.715] (--) NVIDIA(0):     none
> > [    57.716] (EE) NVIDIA(0): No display devices found for this X screen.
>
> Do you have the possibility to test with a live CD?

  I have no experience with that.

> Just to rule out hardware issues...

  There are other nvidia users with the same problem.

  They report it with version 290.06. So we know it's an nvidia
  issue. Apparently nvidia have a bug id for it.

  I had a running system with 290.06. I should be able to get back to
  this. That's where things become a Debian issue.  I suspect my
  script leaves something out, like recompiling a module with m-a
  (where I don't see an option to do that).

  I wish I could buy a laptop with all open source drivers. With
  nvidia I am going through problems every couple of months with
  some update or other.

  Thanks and cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1