Re: Running apt*, help needed

Andrei Popescu wrote the following on 12/06/2011 03:25 AM:
On Lu, 05 dec 11, 15:15:46, Dennis Wicks wrote:
I guess I still need a few more pieces!

I now have the problem that everything I have tried to do after
chroot gives me a segmentation fault.

eg. chroot /dgwicks/root dpkg -i <something>.deb

Even just a plain chroot to my mounted directory gives me a
segmentation fault!

I haven't found any way to get around this. Any suggestions??

More information is needed (architecture, software versions, anything else you can think of).

Kind regards,
Andrei

HI!

All info was given in previous posts. To reiterate, Debian 5.0, intel 32 bit 2 machines, identical, one works, one doesn't, gets segmentation faults and/or relocation error on every command. Mounted "bad" root on "good" machine, tried to do dpkg -i to install libraries for apt but get segmentation fault. What next??

TIA!
Dennis