Re: Detach Icedove from xterm itself called from terminal.

Well, the way that you could produce a bash script file and then run it with only one command would be like this:

echo "#!/bin/bash \nicedove & \nexit" > script.sh && bash script.sh && rm script.sh

Just make sure your Lua interpreter can understand the &&

What that does is create a file called script.sh in the current directory (>), run it (bash), and the attempt to remove it (rm).

The file would look like this:

#!/bin/bash
icedove &
exit

(Assuming there's a bash in your /bin)

That's not the better way to do it, I am sure if I had studied more bash script I would have a better solution (especially without using temporary files).